The 2021 Conference of the System Dynamics Society
Presenters are the heart of the conference; it is their work which we have all gathered to hear. In a nutshell the job of the presenter is to deliver their knowledge to the participants according to the format of the session they are presenting in.
Before the conference:
- Attend any of the scheduled training sessions to experience how the presentation format will work.
- Confirm your computer, microphone, webcam, headphones and internet connection are capable of working with Zoom. Click here and follow the instructions to test.
- Email email@example.com any questions you have about how your presentation will work.
- Prepare a clean uncluttered background for your video. If that isn't possible consider using a Zoom background.
- Read the following article to learn how to make the best impression in a video conference.
Before the session starts:
- Arrive at the session 15 minutes before the session starts to participate in checks of audio, video and screensharing. You will be asked to test your computer during the pre-session time period by speaking and presenting a single slide of your presentation.
- Be sure the Technical Organizer has designated you as a co-host so that you can share your screen during your allotted presentation time.
During the session:
- Present your work according to the format of the session
- WIP and Feedback sessions the Session Chair shares their screen
- For Parallel, Poster and Plenary sessions the Presenter shares their screen
- Monitor your time left as signaled by the Session Chair.
- Be prepared to answer any questions from the audience.